The FraudArmor team of professional Resolution Specialists are trained and certified to act as Resolution Agents and manage the FraudArmor Lite resolution process. FraudArmor Lite Resolution Specialists are Certified Identity Theft Risk Management Specialists (CITRMS) certified by The Institute of Consumer Financial Education1. Additionally Resolution Specialists are members of the following:
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners2 - World's largest anti-fraud organization and premier provider of anti-fraud training and education. More than 55,000 members.
- International Association of Financial Crime Investigators3 - A non-profit international organization, the association provides services and an environment within which information about financial fraud, fraud investigation and fraud prevention methods can be collected, exchanged and taught for the common good of the financial payment industry and our global society.
- Identity Management Institute4 - International organization established to redefine and promote the identity management field, serve the identity management professionals, increase identity risk awareness, and provide identity risk management standards, guidelines, certifications, and education.
- The Institute of Consumer Financial Education was established in 1982 as a non-profit, public education organization. In November 2005, the Certified Identity Theft Risk Management Specialist™ (CITRMS) was added as the third, trademarked, one-of-a-kind training and certification curriculum. The CITRMS® program has been accepted for Continuing Education credits by the CFP Board of Standards, PACE, the International Association of Registered Financial Consultants, the Association of Financial Counseling and Planning Education, the National Association of Certified Credit Counselors and many state regulatory licensing agencies. www.financial-education-icfe.org
- The world’s largest anti-fraud organization and premier provider of anti-fraud training and education. www.acfe.com
- An international non-profit organization which collects, exchanges, and teaches membership about financial fraud, fraud investigation, and fraud prevention methods. www.iafci.org
- An international organization established to redefine the identity management field, serve the identity management professionals, increase identity risk awareness and provide identity risk management standards, guidelines, certifications and education. www.identitymanagementinstitute.org
Logo on Checks
All checks will be printed with the FraudArmor standard logo on the front.
An advancement request to FraudArmor Lite must be made on or before 30 days after the earlier of
- (i) customer’s receipt of the financial institution statement reflecting, or the original or a copy of the fraudulent check or
- (ii) the customer discovering the fraudulent act.
Additionally, FraudArmor Lite will not provide customer with advancement funds if the customer fails to provide properly completed documentation within a reasonable amount of time.
If you find that you have been a victim of check fraud, please contact your financial institution immediately. File a police report on the incident and call our Resolution Specialists at (866)-923-0452. Our specialist will follow the following steps to assist you with your request.
- a. Verify your eligibility for reimbursement
- b. Make sure you have filed a police report and closed your account
- c. Ask for the contact name of the person at your financial institution
- d. Provide you with the necessary forms to submit your request
Forms required for a request for funds advancement:
- Request for advancement
- Copy of last financial institution statement evidencing debit(s) to account for fraudulent document and overdraft charges, if any, and stop payment fees, if any
- Copy of forged or altered check(s)
- Signed and notarized Affidavit of Check Forgery or Alteration
- Copy of filed police report or other similar report filed with relevant local law enforcement
- Signed and notarized Limited Durable Power of Attorney and Assignmen
After all necessary forms are expedited back to FraudArmor Lite; the Resolution Specialist will verify all documents and confirm the request is eligible for services. Upon validation of service eligibility and confirmation that all requirements have been met according to the Terms and Conditions of the program, FraudArmor Lite will send a check to you within 72 hours.
FraudArmor LiteTM will not cover the following fraudulent activities:
- a. FraudArmor Lite program is available to purchasers of checks for personal checking accounts who are over the age of 18 and who reside or are domiciled in the United States or U.S. Territories or on U.S. Military bases.
- b. FraudArmor Lite reserves the right to refuse or terminate the FraudArmor Lite program if the purchaser (or a person who is a joint account holder with purchaser, or a family member of purchaser)
- (i) has committed fraud or other illegal acts with respect to an eligible check order or in connection with the request for resolution from FraudArmor Lite
- (ii) made untrue statements in connection with the request for resolution from FraudArmor Lite or to law enforcement or to the relevant financial institution
- (iii) failed to fully cooperate with FraudArmor Lite’s efforts to provide the services to or on behalf of the purchaser
- (iv) failed to exercise ordinary care which substantially contributed to the occurrence of a forged or altered check
- (v) entered into an agreement with the relevant financial institution that such financial institution will not be obligated to reimburse the account holder for forged or altered checks that are debited from the account holder’s checking account
- c. FraudArmor Lite shall not be liable for any loss or injury that may arise from its acts or omissions, whether due to its negligence or otherwise, in obtaining, distributing, compiling, collecting, interpreting, reporting, communicating or delivering the services required under the FraudArmor Lite program
- d. FraudArmor Lite makes no warranties about the accuracy or completeness of data received from third parties obtained and utilized in connection with the services provided through the FraudArmor Lite program.
- e. FraudArmor Lite does not apply to a check that bears a valid original endorsement but is secondarily fraudulently endorsed.
- f. FraudArmor Lite does not apply to an unauthorized facsimile signature or endorsement applied through the use of a mechanical or electronic means.
- g. In no event will FraudArmor Lite be liable for consequential, incidental, special, indirect, punitive, or exemplary damages to include without limitation loss of use, lost revenue, profits or goodwill, under any theory of tort, contract, indemnity, warranty, strict liability or negligence, to the purchaser of FraudArmor Lite or any other third parties, even if FraudArmor Lite knew or should have known of the possibility of such damages.
- h. FraudArmor Lite will not be liable to purchasers of FraudArmor Lite if FraudArmor Lite is unable to perform the services or is delayed in performing its obligations due to failures, events or factors beyond its reasonable control.
- i. Other restrictions may apply in certain states. All terms and conditions are subject to applicable law and may be limited thereby.
- j. EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE SPECIFICALLY PROVIDED IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, THERE ARE NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE CHECK ASSURE PROGRAM IS AVAILABLE ON AN "AS IS" BASIS ONLY.